Contact Me...

Thursday 4 October 2018

#InAHouseOfLies @Beathhigh @orionbooks



About In A House of Lies

IN A HOUSE OF LIES...
Everyone has something to hide
A missing private investigator is found, locked in a car hidden deep in the woods. Worse still - both for his family and the police - is that his body was in an area that had already been searched.

Everyone has secrets
Detective Inspector Siobhan Clarke is part of a new inquiry, combing through the mistakes of the original case. There were always suspicions over how the investigation was handled and now - after a decade without answers - it's time for the truth.

Nobody is innocent
Every officer involved must be questioned, and it seems everyone on the case has something to hide, and everything to lose. But there is one man who knows where the trail may lead - and that it could be the end of him: John Rebus.






My review of In A House Of Lies


I'll just start by saying that I am a huge Rebus fan and couldn't wait to dive on into this book and to be reunited with an old friend, because that's how he feels to me. In fact, it was lovely being back in Edinburgh, albeit in the darkest of circumstances, that of investigating the murder of a private investigator.

The opening of the novel instantly grabbed my attention. It's dark, disturbing and you wonder what exactly is going to be unearthed next. The body of the man found deep in the woods is investigated by Siobhan Clarke, who is also assisted by the now retired John Rebus. This murder is linked to past and buried secrets, that the police need to unravel to find the truth. It's one cracker of a crime story,  that kept me continually guessing.

At the heart of this novel is the relationship between Rebus and Clarke. I love the interaction between these two. The years of friendship shines through. Some of my favourite passages are when these two get together, for me it's that perfect on page chemistry. The respect and admiration, that special bond that they have shines from the page.

As a huge Rebus fan I loved this book, and even if you're a new reader, you'll still enjoy this book, as a stand alone crime novel. I just wonder how many more Rebus books are in the pipeline, now that he is in his advancing years. I hope there are many more books to come. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

With thanks to NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.

In a  House of Lies is published by Orion on 4th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment