Contact Me...

Wednesday 30 October 2019

#TheSix @LucaVeste @simonschusterUK




About The Six


The brilliant new novel from the author of the highly acclaimed The Bone Keeper.



Six friends trapped by one dark secret.


It was supposed to be our last weekend away as friends, before marriage and respectability beckoned. But what happened that Saturday changed everything.


In the middle of the night, someone died. The six of us promised each other we would not tell anyone about the body we buried.


But now the pact has been broken. And the killing has started again...


Who knows what we did? And what price will we pay?








My review of The Six


The Six is a serial killer thriller that hooked me from the very beginning. It's a story about friendship, about loyalty and deadly secrets. It's shocking, fast paced and has an ending that I simply didn't see coming. 


The Six is about a group of six friends, three couples, who are all approaching their thirtieth birthdays. Told from Matt's point of view, we are introduced to his girlfriend and four friends as they enjoy a festival weekend together, the last one before they all plan to settle down. But something goes terribly wrong, a man dies. What happens is truly horrific, but this one brutal act is what unites them all, and which sets in motion the events that then happen in the rest of the book.

This story is full of twists and turns that had me guessing what would happen next. And, in most cases I got it completely wrong. I couldn't turn the pages quickly enough in my quest to find out the truth. There are many secrets and truths to be unearthed, some of which shocked me and made me question who was telling the truth. Who could I trust?

This book was a joy to read, not only because of the high adrenaline plot, but also because of the many different characters who had their own story to telll. I warmed instantly to Matt, perhaps because the story was mainly told from his point of view. But, I did understand him and the decisions that he made. I believed in him.

The Six is a serial killer thriller unlike any I have read before. Highly original, you'll read it at break neck speed. It's that good.

With thanks to the publisher for the Advanced Reader Copy.

The Six is published on 26th December by Simon & Schuster 

No comments:

Post a Comment