Contact Me...

Wednesday 14 March 2018

#YouMeEverything @Catherineisaac_



About You Me Everything 

You and  me, we have history.
We have a child together.
We have kept secrets from each other for far too long.

This summer, in the beautiful hills of the Dordogne, it is time for  everything to change.

My review of You Me Everything 



Oh My Heart! I just need to take a little breath before I write this review, because this book is just so incredibly gorgeous. It is such a beautiful book. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and I fell in love with all of the characters. I couldn't focus on anything else while I read this book, set in the beautiful Chateau de Roussignol, in the French countryside. It waa all consuming.

It's a book about lost love, about paternal lov, about the love between mother and daughter, and the love that runs thriugh the veins of a family. It is a love story on so many different levels, and as you can probably tell, I loved it!

The novel begins with Jess giving birth to William. A baby that Adam was unprepared for, and whom he left behind not long after the birth. It was Jess's mother and father who supported her for the fhrst ten years of William's life. Then fast forward ten years and we have the situation that is now. Jess wants her son to form a relationship with his father, and so she makes the decision to holiday in France, where Adam now lives and works.

During Jess and William's summer vacation to reconnect with Adam, their lives will change forever. That is all I will say. I don't want to give anything away.

This is such a delightful read. The writing is beautiful,  lyrical and so very down to earth. The characters are real on the page,  and Jess in particular completely resonated with me. I understood completely her motives for wanting her son to have a proper family, and to bond with his father.  I alao had a soft spot for William. As a mum to two boys, aged 11 and nearly 10,  his mannerisms,  language and emotions really touched me. I just wanted to put my arms around this little boy and tell him that everything would be OK.

I really did go through a whole range of emotions, while reading You Me Everything. This book is both heartbreaking,  yet hopeful,  romantic and practical.  It's a book about the importance of family and how love evolves and is forever changing, but that it is always present.  A beautiful story that I will read again and again. I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy. 

Me You Everything is published on 19th April by Simon and Schuster.  It can be found on Amazon here.


No comments:

Post a Comment