Contact Me...

Friday 12 April 2019

My Perfect Summer in Greece @Ianwilfred39



About My Perfect Summer in Greece

Family Friendships and New Beginnings.

Cheryl is excited her sister Julie has asked for her help in organising her wedding but things aren't turning out the way Cheryl had hoped. There's going to be no little village church and no bridesmaids dress; the wedding is taking place on the Greek island of Holkamos.

Vangelis has the perfect beach location for a wedding but his little beach cafe has never catered for weddings before. Will he be able to cope with all of Julie's demands?

Andréas has moved back to Holkamos to help run the family gift shop after the death of his father. The business has to move with the times but will his mum allow things to change?

Johnny is Cheryl's best friend. He doesn't like the way Julie treats her and has a plan to put things right but is it the right thing for Cheryl and what happens when they both arrive on the Greek island. Could it become more than just a weekend wedding for Cheryl and Johnny?

My review of My Perfect Summer in Greece 



This is the first book I have read by Ian Wilfred and what a lovely read it is. Set on the beautiful island of Holkamos, I actually felt as if I was there, drinking the wine and enjoying the feeling of sand on my feet. It's such a feel good book. I found myself immersed in the story from the first chapter.

The story is told from the perspective of Cheryl, a woman who is fiercely independent and runs a successful hotel, although she isn't the owner (that's a whole new story). The book begins when Cheryl travels back to her childhood home to talk through the wedding preparations for her younger sister Julie, and what happens during this family wedding discussion changes her life forever.

This novel is full of wonderfully drawn characters. We have Julie, the sister, who I know I would never be friends with. We then have best friend Johnny, who I instantly fell in love with. I would love to be his best friend. All of the characters offer something completely different and enjoyable to this story, but ultimately this is Cheryl's journey of self discovery and new beginnings.

What I also loved about this book were the evocative descriptions of Holkamos. I have never been there, nor to Greece, but this didn't matter as I could easily see the sea, smell the sea breeze and feel the heat on my skin.

I loved the fact that this book was easy to read, the story flowed and ticked all the boxes. It entertained, propelled me to the beauty of the Greek Islands and was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I look forward to catching up with other books by this author.

I purchased my own copy of this book.

It is available to buy on Amazon now.



No comments:

Post a Comment