Contact Me...

Friday 5 April 2019

#MyLovelyWife @smariedowning @MichaelJBooks





About My Lovely Wife


HOW WELL DO YOU REALLY KNOW THE ONE YOU LOVE THE MOST?

This is a story about a married couple. They met, fell in love, had two beautiful children. So far, so ordinary.

But they have a very dark secret.

It's a story with a twist. And then another. And another.

You might think you've read stories like this before. 

You'd be wrong.

By the end of the first chapter you'll be hooked.

After fifty pages you might not sleep until you finish.

And when you read the very last line, you'll ask yourself one question:

How well do you really know the person you love most?


My Review of My Lovely Wife



My Lovely Wife is a dark tale of married love, lies, and that looks can be deceiving. I dived into this book, having read the intriguing blurb, and once I had read the first chapter I was completely hooked and just knew that I would love this book. And I did. 

The story revolves around a married couple, the narrative told from the husband's point of view. So, we read his side of the story. But is what he is telling us the truth? Should we empathise with him or feel sceptical? With so many twists and turns my judgement changed throughout the book, my loyalties shifting.

This book makes you question the roles within marriage and if we can truly know the person we are married to. More importantly, for me, this book ripped wide open the female stereotypes that women in fiction are either described as a saint or a whore, good or evil. Men can be both, but there is always that dividing line when women are concerned, and I loved this book for tackling this issue head on.  We see Millicent, the wife, through the eyes of her husband, so should we believe him? 

My Lovely Wife is a cracking, heart thumping in your chest kind of a read. I honestly could not put it down. I was hooked by the actions of this couple and their complex family situation. Ultimately it does make you wonder how well you know the person you love. 

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.

My Lovely Wife is published by 
Michael Joseph on 26th March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment