Contact Me...

Tuesday 20 August 2019

#DateNight @samhayes @bookouture




About Date Night 

Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing…

Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning.

I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for.

I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen.

I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night…

But will you believe me?







My review of Date Night 

Date Night is one cracking read. It's full of twists and turns, characters that you can't stop thinking about and a situation that is unthinkable. yet utterly possible. It takes the ordinary and gives it an elaborate spin to create a shocking domestic thriller. I loved it. 

So, we have married couple Sean and Libby, parents to young daughter, Alice. There are obviously problems within the marriage and the planned date night is a way for them to try and reconnect with each other. But what happens is the start of a living nightmare for Libby. On their return home they find Alice alone in the house, while their babysitter, Sasha is missing, and then Libby gets arrested for her murder.

This is a deeply disturbing story that truly unerved me. What happened during that fateful night? Who left the note on Libby's car? Ultimately, who is lying and who is telling the truth? Throughout the story we are given bits of information about the night in question and what has happened in the past, and it is the slow piecing together of this information that tells you the complete story, and it is brilliant and shocking.

Date Night is a real page turner. I was hooked from the very beginning and was fully invested in Libby's story. Part of me wondered if she was an unreliable narrator, while another part of me believed every word she said. A roller coaster of a read that thoroughly entertained and lived up to its cover description. Highly recommend.

With thanks to the publisher for the Advanced Reader Copy.

Date Night is published on 20th August by Bookouture

No comments:

Post a Comment