Contact Me...

Monday 5 February 2018

29 Seconds @TMLoganAuthor @BonnierZaffre



About 29 Seconds


'This is my offer: all you have to do is give me one name. And I will make that person disappear.'When Sarah Haywood rescues a young girl in trouble, she expects nothing in return. But her instinctive act of bravery puts her in the debt of a powerful and dangerous man, and he has other ideas. He lives by his own brutal code, and all debts must be repaid - in the only way he knows how.

He offers Sarah a way to solve an impossible situation with her intolerable boss. A once-in-a-lifetime deal that could turn her life around and make all her problems disappear.

No consequences. No comeback. No chance of being found out.

All it takes is a 29-second phone call...

Because everyone has a name to give. Don't they?

My review of 29 Seconds

29 seconds is a compulsive read that really hits home with the tag line ' Give me one name. One person. And I will make them disappear . . .' It was this line that instantly caught my attention and made me want to read this story. It's an amazing read, packed with many surprises along the way.

Sarah is a university lecturer and mum to two small children. Although married, her husband is living away from home, so she has to juggle work life and parenting,  which she does happily with the help of her father. Sarah should have the perfect happy life, but it is tainted by her sexist boss and head of department who is part of the old boys club. She has the experience, the education and the right qualities to further her career, but this man could put a stop to it all, if she refuses to play his game.

Her life reaches a mid point when she finds herself in the position of saving a little girl. This girl's father is a powerful man, but a dangerous man, and he wants to repay his debt, hence the offer to make one person disappear.  One name instantly springs to mind. The phone call takes 29 seconds and changes Sarah 's life for ever. For better or worse - well, you'll just have to read the book.

This book is a pure delight to read as it has everything.  I couldn't put it down, as I found myself just saying, just one more page, which then turned into another hour. I quickly got to know and understand Sarah and the difficult situation she found herself in. I really liked her, and when she was given the offer of naming a person whom she would like to see disappear, I honestly didn't know what she would do. I found myself asking, what would I do? It's that kind of book,  in that it makes you think about those difficult questions. The fact that you say you would never do such a terrible thing,  but placed in Sarah 's position, you may very well change your mind.

29 Seconds is twisty and the second half really did take my breath away. Nothing was quite as it seemed. It's a very clever book, that makes you question everything that you have read. I loved it!

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for my Advanced Reader Copy.

29 Seconds is published by Bonnier Zaffre in hardback on 8 Mar. 2018. It can be found on Amazon here.




No comments:

Post a Comment