Contact Me...

Monday 4 March 2019

#Sleep @callytaylor @AvonBooksUK




About Sleep 


All Anna wants is to be able to sleep. But crushing insomnia, terrifying night terrors and memories of that terrible night are making it impossible. If only she didn’t feel so guilty…

To escape her past, Anna takes a job at a hotel on the remote Scottish island of Rum, but when seven guests join her, what started as a retreat from the world turns into a deadly nightmare.

Each of the guests have a secret, but one of them is lying – about who they are and why they're on the island. There's a murderer staying in the Bay View hotel. And they've set their sights on Anna.

Seven strangers. Seven secrets. One deadly lie.

Someone’s going to sleep and never wake up…

The million-copy bestseller is back in her darkest, twistiest book to date. Read it if you dare!


My review of Sleep





A new C L Taylor book is always a real treat as I just know that I am in for a fabulous read. I couldn't wait to dive on in to Sleep and it didn't disappoint. Once I began I could not put this book down. It's a psychological thriller and 'who done it?' all rolled into one with a thoroughly engaging and intriguing central charachar. 

The tag line of -  'Seven strangers. Seven secrets. One deadly lie.' was too much to resist and I found myself fully immersed in this story full of secrets, and what would happen to Anna. I liked her immensely, from the moment I met her. 

This novel has a beautiful haunting and atmospheric feel to it, partly because of its setting in remote Rum. The text simmers with unease and that feeling that something really bad is going to happen. 

Ultimately, this book is a riveting psychological thriller with many twists and turns along the way . It's a real page turner that kept me gripped, long after I should have gone to bed. 

Sleep is a highly addictive read that I devoured in several chunks. It's a mystery, it's a tale about a young woman coping with a major life event and it is full of secrets. The ending took my breath away. It's fast, twisty and thoroughly enjoyable. It made me cry and gasp out loud and chilled me to the bone. 

With thanks for the publisher and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.

Sleep is published by Avon on April 4th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment