Contact Me...

Wednesday 15 May 2019

#AfterTheEnd @claremackint0sh @LittleBrownUK




About After The End


Max and Pip are the strongest couple you know. Only now they're facing the most important decision of their lives - and they don't agree.

As the consequences of an impossible choice threaten to devastate them both, nothing will ever be the same again.

But anything can happen after the end . .


My review of After the End 





After the End is such a beautiful book. It's about family, parental love and one heart-breaking decision that a parent should never have to make. This book breaks you down with its honesty and emotion, but ultimately it is a story of hope and one that explores the fact that life simply goes on, no matter what happens. 

This is such a powerful story, so very powerful and packed with heartfelt emotion that my breath caught in my throat on several occasions, and I had to take a break, to simply look at my boys and be grateful for what I have. This is such a life affirming book. I felt The story deep within my bones.

The book revolves around Max and Pip and one life changing decision that they have to make about their young son's future.  What evolves is a story of two halves, two alternative futures of what could happen and how that one decision changes everything.

It was only after I had finished reading, and then read the Author's note, that my breath caught again. I can only imagine what strength and courage it took for the author to write this story, which I feel will help other parents who have found themselves in a similar situation.

 After the End is about a severely Ill child who is in intensive care, and although we read about life on the wards and the dedication of doctors and nurses, it is also a story about hope. It is an uplifting book, and that even though life can be dark, cruel and brutal, there is always joy to be found in the living of life.

I could go on writing forever about this book on how much it has affected me and how I feel that everyone would benefit from reading it. But, I feel it is enough to say that it is an emotional punch of a read, and an important and life affirming read that will stay with you for a very long time. 

After the End is published on 25th June by  Sphere.

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley  for the Advanced Reader Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment