Contact Me...

Wednesday 9 January 2019

#RedSnow @willrdean @PtBlankBks




About Red Snow 

Red Snow is the eagerly awaited follow-up to Dark Pines, selected for ITV's Zoe Ball Book Club


TWO BODIES

One suicide. One cold-blooded murder. Are they connected? And who’s really pulling the strings in the small Swedish town of Gavrik?

TWO COINS

Black Grimberg liquorice coins cover the murdered man's eyes. The hashtag #Ferryman starts to trend as local people stock up on ammunition.

TWO WEEKS

Tuva Moodyson, deaf reporter at the local paper, has a fortnight to investigate the deaths before she starts her new job in the south. A blizzard moves in. Residents, already terrified, feel increasingly cut-off. Tuva must go deep inside the Grimberg factory to stop the killer before she leaves town for good. But who’s to say the Ferryman will let her go?


My review of Red Snow



Red Snow is Scandi-noir at its absolute best. I could not put this book down. I  devoured Dark Pines and its claustrophobic community of Gavrik. Reading Red Snow was like being reunited with friends. This is one addictive, dark and all consuming read. It's brilliant.

Once again we are introduced to Tuva Moodyson who is serving her last two weeks on the local paper before relocating to Malmo in the south. I adore Tuva and everything that she stands for. Independent, career minded and likeable, I instantly warmed to her. She is at the centre of this story investigating the sinister goings on at Grimberg liquorice factory. All I can say is that I am so glad that I don't like liquorice. 

Gavrik is a small, isolated town and it's difficult to keep secrets buried for long, and this town has lots. Tuva is determined to solve the mysteries that lie within the factory and the Grimberg family before she leaves.

This is a dark and disturbing read, even more so than Dark Pines, and I loved it. The liquorice is dark, the days are dark and the people who inhabit Gavrik seen to carry their own burdens and emotional baggage. Tuva included, and we learn so much more about this young woman's past and her relationship with her mother. 

Red Snow is a dark murder mysery,  with a twisty plot and an end that I honestly didn't see coming. It's an extraordinary book and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'll admit that I'm now a huge Will Dean fan and can't wait for book three in the series. 

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.


 Red Snow is published on 
10 Jan Oneworld Publication


1 comment:

  1. I really must make time for some scandi noir, I do enjoy the settings.

    ReplyDelete