Contact Me...

Thursday 17 January 2019

#TheManIFellInLoveWith @katehaswords




About The Man I Fell in Love With 

After twenty years of contented marriage, no one is more surprised than Mary Black when her husband announces he’s leaving her… for another man.

For the sake of the children, Mary has no choice but to pick herself up and start again. She hosts family meals that include Leo and his new partner. She copes with the kids wanting to spend less time with her and more time with their ‘fun’ dads. But one thing she can’t quite ignore is Leo’s gorgeous brother, who has just come back to town…

After living a life of sliding doors and missed opportunities, can Mary finally put herself first and take a chance that could change everything?

A wonderfully uplifting novel full of wisdom, spirit and charm. This is a love story with a difference, perfect for fans of Jill Mansell and Heidi Swain.

My review of The Man I Fell in Love With



The Man i Fell in Love With is a very beautiful, emotional and uplifting read. This book managed to break my heart and then slowly and gently placed it back together again.

Once I began to read I became fully immersed in Mary's story. I couldn't help but empathise with her. I too have been married for twenty years and I couldn't imagine what she must be going through. The fact that her husband, Leo, left  her for another man could have been her undoing. It could have destroyed her family. But what we find here is an unbelievably strong and stoic woman who will do anything for her family. Luckily, she has a good support network in the form of her mother-in-law (Audrey) who lives next doordoor, her own mother who lives in an extension in the garden and her best friend Daisy. I admired Mary and her strength. I admired that she realised her marriage was over and that Leo deserved to be happy.

But what about Mary? Mary is a wonderful mother, friend, daughter and daughter-in-law. But, what about Mary as a woman? I wanted Mary to be able to see that she too was deserving of love and that she too could have a meaningful and happy relationship. This is what is at the core of this book. One woman's search for her own identity as she begins her life again, and it is both breathtaking and beautiful to read this change that takes place.  

This is a love story with a difference, and it's one that I thoroughly enjoyed. It's uplifting, it's thought provoking and it made me smile. 

The Man I Fell in Love With is a  delightful and heartwarming story about love and belonging and that there is someone out there for everyone. It's a gorgeous, romantic read and I loved Mary and everything that she stood for. What this book shares is that sometimes love just finds a way, even in the most difficult of circumstances. It's a story about second chances. A feel good book that I could not put down. Loved it!

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.

The Man I Fell in Love With is published on 7 Feb by Avon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment