Contact Me...

Tuesday 29 January 2019

#Twisted @SSCav @orionbooks




About Twisted

BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:

1. The police are looking to charge me with murder.
2. No one knows who I am. Or how I did it.
3. If you think you've found me. I'm coming for you next.

After you've read this book, you'll know: the truth is far more twisted...


My review of Twisted



Oh my word! This book! My head! Absolutely fantastic and a book that lives up to its title. There are so many twists and turns in this book that I genuinely didn't know what was about to happen next. It kept me guessing until the very end and, even then there was an added twist.

I could not put this book down as it hooked me in from the opening prologue, which left me wondering what had happened to lead up to that dramatic point in time, as the first chapter is set four months before the prologue.

What we read is a twisted thriller, stroke murder mystery that took me completely by surprise. Nothing is as it seems but everything that happens makes perfect sense. 

It's a fast paced narrative that tells the story of three individuals, Paul, his wife, Maria and her lover Daryl. It's a  dark, and twisted tale of love, betrayal, loyalty and the pitfalls of fame.

All three of these characters have flaws, and to be honest I didn't like any of them. But, I think this is why I enjoyed the book so much. The character that I was rooting for was Sheriff Dole. I had a real soft spot for him.

If you've read the Eddie Flynn series then you'll love this stand alone thriller. It's one of those books that you'll just dive into and then won't emerge until a few hours later. A real treat of a book.

With thanks to the publisher, Orion and NetGalley for the Advanced Reader Copy.

Twisted is available to read now in digital format and will be published in paperback on April 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment