Contact Me...

Tuesday 31 July 2018

While I was Sleeping @AtkinsDani @simonschuster


About While I Was Sleeping

I don't remember what happened or what has changed.

I can still hear your voices but you can't seem to hear me.

I was about to be married and had everything to look forward to.

Now I have to find a way back - to you, to our family, to us.

My review of While I Was Sleeping



I'll just start by saying that I have loved every single Dani Atkins book that I have had the joy to hold in my hands. So, when I heard that there was a new novel, I just had to read it. And, just like all the others, I absolutely loved this story. While I was Sleeping is full of love, hope and simply the joy of living. It's a huge hug of a read and I was so sad to say goodbye to this story as I read the final words.

Dani Atkins weaves an absolutely magical tale of love in the modern world, and what happens when time stands still. I found myself in Maddie's world, as she begins her new life, after waking from a coma that lasted six yesrs. At the beginning of the book, twenty eight year old Maddie is engaged to be married and pregnant with her first child. We are with her as she wakes from her coma, and then with her every step as she begins to navigate her new world. What I read was a hugely refreshing and emotional read, that explored the very best of human nature.

This is a highly emotional book that will get you thinking about your own life and those special people who are a part of your life. It is a book about the importance of family and that need to belong. It's a book about love in all of its beautiful and barest forms, and that sometimes we just have to give fate a chance.

I found myself fully energed in Maddie's story. I couldn't put this book down and found myself stirring the pan of pasta sauce as I read. Telling myself, just one more page. It's such a feel good book that'll make you want to hug your nearest and dearest. A heartfelt, beautiful and utterly poignant read about love. All the stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for my Advanced Reader Copy.

While I was Sleeping is publishrd on 23 August by Simon and Schuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment