Contact Me...

Friday 11 May 2018

#TheManWhoDidntCall @TheRosieWalsh @MantleBooks


About The Man Who Didn't Call 

The Man Who Didn't Call by Rosie Walsh is a heart-wrenching love story with a dark secret at its heart, for anyone who's waited for a phone call that didn't come.

Imagine you meet a man, spend seven glorious days together, and fall in love. And it’s mutual: you’ve never been so certain of anything.

So when he leaves for a long-booked holiday and promises to call from the airport, you have no cause to doubt him.

But he doesn’t call.

Your friends tell you to forget him, but you know they're wrong: something must have happened; there must be a reason for his silence.

What do you do when you finally discover you're right? That there is a reason -- and that reason is the one thing you didn't share with each other?

The truth.


My review of The Man Who Didn't Call



As soon as I read the book description, I just knew that I would love this book! And i did! The whole idea of waiting for that special someone to ring, and then the disappointment that follows when they don't phone, hooked me in from the very start. I just imagined what it must be like to find that special someone, your soul mate, and to then never hear from them again. What must that feel like? This is exactly what happens to Sarah, after spending an intense week with Eddie, in his cabin, near to her childhood home.

I won't say any more, as I don't want to spoil this deliciously sublime story. I wanted to know why Eddie hadn't called. Had he suffered an accident? Changed his mind? Found himself in difficulty? All of these scenarios ran through my mind in wanting to know what had happened. We read Sarah's thoughts on why she never received that phone call and my heart ached for her, it really did.

This book is so incredibly beautiful. Although there is a huge sense of mystery running throughout the pages, at its very core is a story about love and forgiveness. This is a love story that I could help comparing with One Day, in the way in which  the book is beautifully written. It's about the love that two complete strangers share after realising that they are meant to be together. It's a love story that transcends everything else.

The twist half way through this novel was  followed by many more twists, all  of which I didnt see coming. However, all made perfect sense. It's an exciting and exhilarating read, as I raced through these sublime pages in my search for what was going to happen and to unearth the dark secret that is hinted about in the book's description

What an absolutely glorious read. Simply beautiful. I have a feeling that this book will be one of this summer's most talked about romantic reads, and for very good reasons.

With thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the Advance Reader Copy

The Man Who Didn't Call is published in hardback on 14th June by Mantle. It is available to buy from Amazon here.



No comments:

Post a Comment